Company: Pepper Hamilton LLP
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Pepper Hamilton LLP seeks a Proposal Writer. The Proposal Writer is responsible for assessing requests for proposals and “pitch” opportunities, and for helping to manage the process for responding to them.
Key responsibilities include:
· Reviewing RFPs and pitch requests to assess the fit of the proposed work with the firm, to propose questions for the responding partner to ask the client/target, and to plan the best response;
· Convene meeting with responding partners and other team members to coordinate response;
· Work with practice group and firm management to coordinate most effective response;
· Oversee research into client/target, including relationships Pepper people have with people at the client/target; background of the target; history of legal work, etc.;
· Manage drafting of responses, including coordinating contributions from all team members, keeping track of draft versions, and ensuring all technical requirements of the proposal are met;
· Coordinate and oversee production and delivery of final response;
· Work with responding team on preparation for oral interviews and other post-proposal follow-up;
· Conduct post-proposal debriefing sessions with clients/targets, particularly when we did not win the proposal;
· Assist with the firm’s Knowledge Management initiative for gathering content/data for use in proposals and pitches;
· Assist in tracking wins/losses and improving overall proposal results.
· Proposal Experience: Experienced in the proposal process, preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm setting;
· Communications: Ability to get consensus and collaboration from partners; ability to explain proposal concepts quickly and easily; ability to generate enthusiasm; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff;
· Client Orientation: Understands internal and external client needs and concerns; responds promptly and effectively to client needs; understands sensitivity of client information;
· Teamwork: Collaborates with others; acknowledges others' contributions; works effectively with individuals at all levels in the firm; willing to seek help as needed;
· Analytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment: Experienced in analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions;
· Flexibility: Able to respond quickly to rapidly changing work demands and multiple simultaneous projects.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a relevant discipline such as marketing, business development, English, communications, journalism, etc.;
· Minimum 3-5 years of proposal response experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm;
· Experience in project management and knowledge management initiatives would be very helpful.
How To Apply:
To apply, visit http://careers.pepperlaw.com/selfapplystaff.htm
A Whole Firm Approach for Driving
Growth, Profitability and Revenue
Click here for more...