Company: Duane Morris LLP
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duane Morris LLP is seeking a Proofreader/Editor to join its Marketing & Business Development group. The right candidate will be responsible for proofing and editing accurate, time-sensitive print and electronic information.
· Lead role in proofreading and editing effort.
· Reviews attorney- and marketing-written content and edits to ensure it targeted to its audience, compliant with ethics and professional responsibility rules, and evaluated to minimize business risk.
· Performs edits of attorney-written Alerts, including research of legislation and
case law to ensure accuracy.
· Performs primary edits of attorney-written By-lined articles.
· Edits communications adapting approach to the prevailing audience,
delivering to readers the right content, language, voice and tone.
· Responsible for maintaining firm style and keeping terminology and descriptions consistent between content sources
· Performs all work related to area of responsibility accurately and on a timely basis.
· Perform other related work/projects, when requested.
· Maintains printable versions of all practice and industry descriptions.
· Contributes significantly to DuaneMorris.com by creating/revising content such as event descriptions, attorney bios, etc.
· Contributes to other initiatives including:
· Practice specific content
· Web content
· Administrative Directors Annual Report
· Social Media
· Marketing Discovery Page
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Marketing with four years of relevant experience in writing/editing/ distributing marketing content. Knowledge of marketing communications concepts. Ability to clearly communicate and confidently interface with all levels of professionals. Prioritization/time management skills. Strong editing skills at every level of editing, from developmental edit to copy edit. A talent for producing clear, engaging content in simple language. A proven ear for web-friendly, consumer-oriented tone and voice. Knowledge of effective online writing methods. Superb interpersonal skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Duane Morris LLP, a law firm with 750+ attorneys in offices across the U.S. and internationally, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today's evolving global markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, 401(k) with firm match, pension, life insurance and generous vacation and sick leave. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
How To Apply:
To apply, send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org