|Public Relations Communications Manager|
Company: Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a national law firm, seeks a goal oriented self-starter to manage and increase the public brand and profile of Schnader and its attorneys both regionally and nationally via media, public relations and marketing promotion. Promotional venues include the Schnader website; print publications; television and radio and social media. Promote Schnader’s achievements and attorneys' experience and capabilities through articles and alerts, interviews, speaking engagements and rankings while ensuring consistent communication and messaging to internal and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide firm wide public relations and communications support to firm offices. Develop relationships with media contacts in each of the cities in which Schnader operates. Handle day-to-day press relations and external communications. Work with attorneys to promote practice area skills and capabilities. Write media pitches, press releases and blog and website content. Develop story ideas and articles. Track industry publications and recommend public relations opportunities to attorneys
· Manage the Schnader website and social media in collaboration with other members of the Marketing team. Write and post website content, attorney biographies, news items and event listings. Maintain the relevancy, accuracy and appearance of the Schnader website. Media monitoring the internet to ensure the integrity and consistency of the Schnader name, brand and reputation
· Create and present media/public relations training seminars for Schnader attorneys. Train attorneys in the use of social media. Attend practice group meetings as a public relations advisor
· Assist other members of the Marketing department to work with attorneys and graphic designers to edit and finalize ads, alerts, invitations and announcements; manage the dissemination process of ads, alerts, invitations and announcements
· Collect competitive intelligence research and cultivate relationships with journalists in business, legal press and trade publications in our geographies. Use knowledge to prepare lawyers for press interview, pitches and marketing opportunities
· Fulfill other duties and projects as required by the CMO,
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, English, Journalism or communications
· 3-5 years of media relations experience in a law firm
· Experience writing and preparing marketing communication material
· Superior research, writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and deliver an excellent work product
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate complex subjects clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with reporters, attorneys, marketing professionals and vendors
· Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with media in all firm wide geographic areas
· Strong public speaking and presentation skills
· Ability to work off-hours and travel occasionally
· Online media directory services experience required
· Experience with commonly used social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, required
· Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat required
· PR software (e.g. PRNewswire, Factiva, Vocus) experience is a plus
· Design capabilities (e.g., Publisher, Photoshop) is a plus.
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples and expectations to email@example.com. Please include “ Public Relations/Communications Manager ” in the “Subject” line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Whole Firm Approach for Driving
Growth, Profitability and Revenue
Click here for more...